- How it works
- Nutrient profile
- The benefits of seaweed
- Why do we need Iodine?
- Healthy Living
Dosage and Directions
Take 1-2 capsules with a full glass of water in the morning as an ongoing, internal detoxification process.
- Increases metabolic rate
- Stimulates thyroid gland function
- Enhances weight loss
- Increases energy levels
- Combats fluid retention
- Promotes hair growth, healthy skin and nails
- Aids digestion and elimination
- Strengthens the immune system
- Detoxifies the body by removing heavy metals such as lead, mercury and radio-active strontium
- Powerful antioxidant
- KELWELL contains absolutely no additives whatsoever, and is one of the best possible natural supplements available.
Certificate of analysis
A Typical Sample of ECKLONIA MAXIMA contains as weight per kg
Energy value: 140 joules/100 grams
The benefits of seaweed
Daily use of seaweed provides optimum nourishment for the hormonal, lymphatic, urinary, and nervous systems. The hormonal system uses minerals and trace elements so richly available from seaweed to repair tissue, build new cells, and create hormones responsible for regulating blood pressure, metabolism, fertility, sexuality, and reaction to allergens.
The lymphatic and immune systems are avid partakers of seaweed’s splendid feast of nutrients. Combined with this optimum nourishment, the communication enhancing effects of seaweed further enhance response time and strength in the immune system. This reduces opportunist bacterial and viral infections and helps prolong youth and vitality.
The urinary system gets a special boost from seaweed’s seeming excess of potassium and sodium. Those with cystitis, kidney weakness, gout diabetic kidney ills, and bladder weakness find health / wholeness / holiness with seaweed. The nervous system relaxes in the presence of seaweed’s mineral abundance. Seaweed creates an inner environment where nerve signals flow smoothly and where brain chemicals are produced as needed:
To maintain alertness, increase memory, reduce pain, and provide a sense of buoyant bliss.
Glossier hair, more luminous skin, less digestive distress, renewed energy and stamina, rekindled sexual desires, and reawakened delight in life - will be noticeable in about 13 weeks.
Seaweed strengthens circulation, balances blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, builds healthy blood, increases the veins and hearts contractile force, restores and increases cardiac efficiency, nourishes and prolongs the life of the heart muscle, and encourages rhythmical working of the heart in all its aspects: physical, emotional, and inspirational.
Why do we need Iodine?
KELWELL is an excellent source of natural iodine, essential for proper thyroid function that helps to regulate the body's metabolism. By boosting thyroid function, Ecklonia Maxima contributes to thermogenesis (the body's fat burning ability).
Ecklonia Maxima contains IODINE, a component of thyroid hormone, the hormone responsible for settling the body’s metabolic rate. Cases of hypothyroidism can be attributed to lack of iodine.
Hypothyroid individuals may experience many symptoms, such as fatigue, weight gain and common colds
Ecklonia Maxima’s mineral content supports the brain, nerves, hair, skin and nails. It protects the body from damage due to radiation from the sun or due to cancer therapy. Natural health practitioners recommend Ecklonia Maxima to their patients, for conditions such as hypothyroidism, insomnia, poor memory, hair loss, obesity, depression, ulcers, exhaustion, anxiety, indigestion and constipation.
Polysaccharides in Ecklonia Maxima - Fucoidan
Ecklonia Maxima is very high in the natural polysaccharide Fucoidan. This polysaccharide is a complex chain of carbohydrates that is rich in proteins and valuable minerals, including calcium, iron and magnesium. Fucoidan is a potent, nutrient-drenched hydrator that creates a protective barrier to help seal in and sustain moisture, balance hormones and rejuvenate through the healthy elimination of toxins. Fucoidan also aids in protecting the skin’s levels in hyaluronic acid, the component in the skin’s connective tissue that retains essential moisture, thus reducing the appearance of fine lines.
The skin dries out when too much water evaporates from its surface. This increases as we get older, and is made worse by washing, because hot water and soap remove the layer of natural oil on the skin surface. When applied to the skin the Fucoidan penetrates the stratum corneum, where it readily absorbs and retains water. This increases the capacity of the skin to hold moisture, and the skin therefore becomes rehydrated. These actions soothe and soften the skin, and reduce the scaling and itching of dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriaisis.
- Penetrates into cells and draws itself through tissue like no other substance known. It acts as a biological vehicle increasing the absorption and effectiveness of other nutrients, supplements, medications...
- Promotes tissue growth and regeneration inside and out. It directly stimulates the fibroblasts' production of collagen and proteoglycans for new tissue growth.
- Cleanses and Detoxifies: It enhances the break-down and removal of excess waste, mucous, toxins, heavy metals and foreign build-up from cells, tissues, organs...by proteolytic enzyme action, activation of macrophage phagocytosis and increasing effectiveness of cellular functioning to eliminate its own toxic waste (liver, colon and skin).
Research has shown that Ecklonia Maxima with its polysaccharides “re-natures" the cells of the body to function as they were originally designed by nature
- Fortifies Cell Walls strengthening cells resistance and integrity.
- Hydrates cells: penetrates into cells 5 times more easily than water bringing in its own water and nutrients. (wetter than water!)
- Improves cellular metabolism - enhancing energy and optimal functioning of each cell of the body
- cells eliminate toxins and waste more efficiently
- efficient utilization of nutrients
Fucoidan aids Digestion by:
Balancing acid production, soothes and promotes optimal and original health of entire gastrointestinal system. Also promotes better absorption of nutrients
Fucoidan aids elimination and detoxification by:
Promoting healthy functioning of all elimination systems and their organs including:
Liver, Skin, Colon, Kidney and Respiratory...
Fucoidan aids circulation by:
Increasing blood flow, balances cholesterol levels, improves health and strength of blood vessels and heart muscle.
Fucoidan aids respiration by:
Helping to break down excess mucous and promote healthy mucous membranes and bronchial tissue and functioning.
Fucoidan aids the skin by:
Hydrating skin cells, balancing hormones, promoting healthy skin elimination for clear skin and rejuvenating skin cells.
Fucoidan aids the endocrine systems by:
Promoting healthy and balanced glandular functioning
Fucoidan aids the metabolism by:
Promoting efficient metabolism of fats and sugars.
Fucoidan aids the immune systems by:
Enhancing and boosting immune functioning both directly and indirectly.
Indirectly enhancing immune functioning:
- antioxidants - attack free radicals
- enhanced digestive functioning and absorption of nutrients = energy
- naturally occurring nutrients provide nourishment and cofactors
Directly Stimulating Macrophages - The main immune system cells. Profoundly enhances Macrophage's many functions:
- engulfing foreign bodies
- releasing growth factor (which stimulates collagen & tissue production)
- the orchestration of all functioning of the entire immune system:
- regulation of the immune response & immune system modulation
- regulation of the inflammation process (increase and decrease)
- releases factors that tell the immune cells where to go
- releases factors that stimulate the other immune cells to produce their antibodies when and where needed (interleukin, interferon, tumor necrosis factor...)
Carotenoid in Ecklonia Maxima - Fucoxanthin
- Fucoxanthin is a marine carotenoid found naturally in our Golden Brown Seaweed.
- Ecklonia maxima has the richest source of fucoxanthin.
- Fucoxanthin, is the pigment that turns brown seaweed ‘brown’ and prevents the seaweed floating on the ocean surface from being scorched by the sun.
- As a carotenoid, fucoxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells and tissues from free-radical damage.
Fucozanthin provides many health benefits such as:
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Reduction of inflammation (a major cause of heart disease)
- Healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Improvements in blood pressure levels
- Helps maintain healthy liver function.
The Japanese show us that the human consumption of brown seaweed has tremendous health benefits given that they can boast to being the longest living and healthiest culture on earth.
As a natural weight loss:
- Fucoxanthin is currently being explored for weight loss.
- Obesity predisposes people to a wide variety of diseases, including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, musculoskeletal problems, certain cancers and a shortened lifespan.
Japanese researchers have found that fucoxanthin activates UCP 1 protein which “switches on” the fat burning capacity.
* "It stimulates the UCP 1 protein which causes stored visceral fat to break down resulting in a 5 – 10 % reduction in body weight”
*Kazuo Miyashita et al Hokkaido University Japan 2005
The Japanese researchers said that since the abdominal area contains abundant white adipose tissue, the compound might be particularly effective at shrinking oversized midsections
At the Centre of Modern Medicine and Russian Academy of Natural Sciences in Moscow, a study was performed where overweight women followed a meal plan of 1,800 calories a day while taking fucoxanthin or a placebo.
- Those who received fucoxanthin lost an average of 14.5 pounds in just sixteen weeks, versus those who received the placebo pill, who lost only 3 pounds.
- Participants taking fucoxanthin raised their metabolic rate an average of 18.2 percent. In addition, body fat loss was 11.8 pounds in the fucoxanthin group, compared to 2.8 pounds in the placebo group.
The women taking fucoxanthin also received reductions in liver fat, blood pressure, triglyccrides, and C-reactive protein (CRP0.)
Russian scientists found that fucoxanthin possessed strong thermogenic/ fat-burning properties.
Thermogenesis is a process in which the body generates internal heat and thereby increases its metabolic rate, and utilises it’s stores of energy, such as fat.
- Fucoxanthin has antioxidant activity and may have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and antiobesity activities.
- Fucoxanthin research has demonstrated a number of anticancer activities via different mechanisms.
- Preliminary research in test tubes suggests that fucoxanthin may have anti-tumor effects.
- Fucoxanthin was reported to reduce the viability of human prostate cancer cells via the induction of apoptosis.
- Fucoxanthin was found to induce apoptosis in human promyelocytic leukemia cells.
- Fucoxanthin has demonstrated some test tube efficacy in a number of cancer cell lines, including prostate, colon and leukemia.
- Anti-inflammatory effects have also been reported by researchers working with fucoxanthinathin.
Fucoxanthin has also been found to decrease insulin and blood glucose levels. Researchers hypothesize that fucoxanthin anti-diabetes effect may be because fucoxanthin appears to promote the formation of DHA which in turn is thought to increase insulin sensitivity, improve triglycerides and reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
The KELWELL Way!
For ultimate weight loss results it is advised that while taking KELWELL you begin to lead a healthy lifestyle.
What does a healthy lifestyle mean? A healthy lifestyle starts off with YOU making the conscious decision to be healthy!
Healthy Living isn’t only about weight loss, it’s about moving your body and feeding it the goodness that it requires so that both body and mind can function optimally.
KELWELL will assist with weight control, an improved immune function and greater energy levels. It is important, however to include a balanced diet and exercise into your way of life!
Leading a healthy lifestyle – the KELWELL way - will assist you in getting the slim, shapely physique you want!
This is what we recommend, in conjunction with KELWELL:
Eat a balanced diet
- Include a variety of protein, vegetables, fruits, whole grains and dairy into your diet
- Aim for 5 small meals a day and never ever skip meals!
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day!
- Avoid refined foods
- Include at least 2 vegetable groups in your food per day
- Try to limit your fat and sugar intake. (Fat examples: Butter, milk, oil, cheese.)
Do a little exercise
Focus on the exercise you love doing! Exercise doesn’t have to be boring, an effort, or even expensive! The hardest part about exercising is putting your running shoes on…
Here are some tips to motivate you to get moving:
- Team up with a friend that has similar exercise and lifestyle goals to you. You and your friend will motivate and encourage each other!
- Set goals for yourself. If you start running for example, enter yourself into a race. This will give you a personal goal and something exciting for you to work towards and achieve!
- Diarise your exercise date! If it’s in your diary, treat it like you would a meeting and go to it!
- Exercise doesn’t have to be limited to only the gym. Swimming, running, walking, hiking, dancing, yoga all qualify as exercise! Focus on your strengths, you might have to try a few different kinds of exercises but soon you’ll find your exercise niche!
- They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. Aim to commit to at least 21 days of exercise (with breaks in between of course) and make exercise your habit!
- Remember: Small steps equals big results!
Try a Cardiovascular Workout (aim for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week)
It’s important to do cardiovascular exercises to get your heart pumping. Your heart is a muscle and the stronger it gets the healthier you will become.
Try some Weight Training (aim for twice a week on days you don’t do cardio)
Toning your body will give your body the strength it requires. The more muscle you have the higher your resting metabolic rate. Simple resistance exercises that work the muscles can have outstanding benefits!
Benefits of exercise
- Helps you sleep better
- Strengthens your muscles including your heart muscle
- Helps to tone your body
- Aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep every day. Try and go to sleep at the same time every night – your body needs routine. Remember that after a good night’s sleep you will feel well-rested and refreshed and ready to face a brand new day.
Adopt a positive attitude – be happy, smile, be kind to one another, be grateful for everything, carry peace in your heart.
Here’s to you making the conscious decision to live a healthy lifestyle – the KELWELL way!
Manufactured for KELWELL by Edelweiss Pharmaceuticals – www.ewpharma.com